Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Realization I've made about concerts

I hadn't been to any concerts in my life (except for symphony orchestras in my childhood) until a few months ago and have since been to a handful. Third Eye Blind is one of my favorite bands, so I figured nothing could ruin this experience for me. Well, this is the concert that made me realize I don't want to go to concerts whereat people do not sit in seats. Here's the review I submitted per Ticketmaster's request:

Love this band, hate concerts

Third Eye Blind @ The Palladium Ballroom in Dallas, TX on Mon, Jun 8, 2009

Posted 07/14/2009
by Arielle
Location: Richardson
They were great, though actually it was a bit disillusioning. I guess I still hold artists up on pedestals, a remnant of childhood I suppose. Anyway, almost everyone there, as on this planet, was a douche bag. The whole time had to be spent telling guys with popped collars twig-like girls with too much make up, high heels, and skimpy dressed that just because they moved with confidence didn't mean I would let them push their way ahead of me. I had been waiting in the same, fairly close to the stage area, feet killing me, for 2 hours, while they had showed up late, had a few beers, etc.
Also, the audience's feeble attempts to sing along probably ruined our chances of making it on the B side of the album they were using our concert to try to acquire some tracks for. Great Dallas, effing great.

Favorite moment: When enough of us voted int he song "I Want You" over "How's it Gonna Be", not that the latter isn't great too.
Setlist: Fuck if I remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment